Enter the 6th Annual Laguna Bluebelt Photo Contest
Celebrate Underwater Parks Day With Us
Everyone has a chance to win! After the winning photos are chosen, all remaining photographs will be entered into a public vote, Best of the Rest, on our Facebook page. We want to hear what you think!
Have Some Fun and Win One of these Great Prizes
Helicopter Flight Up Coast with OC Helicopters
Dive Boat Trips and Air with Laguna Sea Sports
Golf and Lunch for Two at The Ranch
Three Course Dinner for Two at Spashes Restaurant from Surf and Sand Resort
Dinner for Two at Brussels Bistro Restaurant
SUP Lessons from Sunset Stand Up Paddle5>
One Hour Massage at Massage Envy Laguna Beach
Gift Cards La Sirena Grill
It’s simple to participate.
Just upload your photo and information to our photo contest website
at Laguna Bluebelt Photo Contest
or www.contest.lagunabluebelt.org beginning February 6, 2017.
Please be sure to follow these easy rules-
- Photo categories include Amateur and Professional. To qualify for the Professional category, you must be paid for or sell your images, while shooting either full-time or part-time.
- Your photo must have been taken within or of Laguna’s Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) between the dates of March 6, 2016 and March 6, 2017.
- Starting on February 6 and ending March 6, 2017 upload your photo from our Photo Contest webpage at www.contest.lagunabluebelt.org. or Laguna Bluebelt Photo Contest.
You will be asked for your name, email, mailing address, phone number, location and date of your photo and which category you are entering, amateur or professional. You photo should be between 1 and 5 megabytes and be a jpg or png file format. You will receive a confirmation at the bottom of the submission form that your entry was successful. If you have difficulty entering the contest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit only one photo per person. Photos must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant between March 6, 2016 and March 6, 2017.
- The photo can be taken on the beach, underwater, on a kayak or SUP and of any subject you wish. It can be of anything within one of our MPAs that interests you. It could include your family and friends enjoying the beach, the tidepools or ocean, the birds or marine life that depend on it, just any part of this special place.
- We are pleased to announce the judges for our 2017 contest include Mark Chamberlain, Mitch Ridder and Pat Sparkuhl. Judges will place emphasis upon photos that celebrate a healthy ocean environment and promote awareness and respect for the Laguna Bluebelt. Winners will be selected based on aesthetic value, unique representation of our Marine Protected Areas and technical skill. The judges are looking for images that depict Laguna’s MPAs in a creative, interesting, new and fun way. Care should be given to the overall strength of composition, show a compelling point of interest within the image, have the main subject be in sharp focus unless motion blur is used for creative purposes, tell a story if possible with your image and make use of an appealing quality of light. Sunsets for the sake of taking a sunset are discouraged.
How can people responsibly view marine mammals in the wild?
- We are adopting the Conservation Rules established by EPIC®. Marine life should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo.
NOAA Fisheries Service supports responsible viewing of marine mammals in the wild.
In general, some of the guidelines recommend:
Observing wild dolphins, porpoises, and seals from safe distances of at least 50 yards (150 feet)
Observing large whales from a safe distance of at least 100 yards (300 feet)
Limit overall viewing time to no more than 30 minutes
Avoid touching or swimming with wild marine mammals, even if they approach you
- Winners will be notified by email. They will be honored at an Artist Reception in June. Photos will be posted on our website, Facebook page and news outlets.
- By submitting to this contest, photographers agree that their photos can be used by the Laguna Bluebelt Coalition and the photographer retains all copyrights. Entry constitutes permission by the Laguna Bluebelt Coalition to publish and otherwise use the photo for all public relations and marketing purposes. The photographs will not be used for any commercial purposes. Winning photos will be displayed on the Bluebelt website, Facebook pages and in newsletters.
Our Special Thanks to Our Sponsors! Please let them know how much you appreciate their support.